Firstly, to become a Driving Instructor, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
To have held a full UK or EU licence for 4 out of the past 6 years.
- To be able to read a normal size number plate from a distance of 27.5 metres
with glasses if required
- To have less than six points on your licence.
- To have no convictions in the past ten years that would prevent you from being
on the Driving Instructors Register
- Importantly, to enjoy working with people.
Pay As You Go Scheme With One To One Tuition.
Becoming a Driving Instructor is probably one of the most exciting and challenging careers you could encounter. You will meet many types of different pupils - some are naturally gifted, some that will struggle and/or be nervous.
There will be those that take the time to listen and digest what you say to them, and equally those that think they can just sit in a car and turn the ignition on!! You must always bear in mind it is your responsibility for the overall safety of yourself, your pupil, your car, and other road users. Therefore, an extremely high level of professional training is required. This career offers great flexibility as you are now classed as self employed.
You arrange your own diary, and can therefore work whenever you like without having to ask permission for time off. There is nothing that gives you greater satisfaction than congratulating your pupil once they have passed. However, on occassions, pupils fail and you then need to offer a great deal of support and re-assurance.
Good quality training is paramount, and not always easy to find. At Drive and Pass Me, we feel we are a cut above the rest, and have listed some good reasons below as to why you should choose us. Please also browse our FAQ page which offers some general guidance on becoming a Driving Instructor, and to be wary of the pitfalls that some Companies may offer as an incentive to join them. The golden rule to remember is that nothing is ever free, and guarantees can never be made. So, if you're looking to become a Driving Instructor in Norwich or Norfolk, give Drive and Pass Me a call on 07817 778876.
10 Reasons to choose Drive and Pass Me for Instructor Training.
- We offer a full Professional Service which gives you a greater chance of passing the qualifying examinations .
- Our training is conducted purely on a one to one basis. This way you gain maximum benefit from the lesson. Should you wish to learn alongside a friend, that’s fine, but bear in mind you are likely to learn at a different rate. Where 2 people have a lesson at the same time, the lesson then becomes 4 hours so you each have 2 hours full tuition.
- Our training is based on a 'pay as you go scheme'. There is no money to be paid up front except for your training pack which equates to approx £350. This will include all the necessary recommended material to complete the course. You may of course wish to purchase additional items if you think they could offer additional help and support. For full details on this training pack, how to make an order, please contact Drive and Pass on 07817 778876, or via the contact form on the contact page.
- Our training is conducted on a time scale suited to you. It is unlikely you will benefit from much more than 4 hours a week.
- We are an Independent Driving School and have the incentive to WANT you to pass. We therefore conduct training to the highest standards in order to give you the best possible chance of being successful.
- We are happy for you to speak to our pupils (with their permission). Our testimonial page contains GENUINE statements made by previous trainees.
- Remember, you car is your office so it needs to be comfortable. We conduct lessons in what we consider the ultimate Driving Schools Cars that offer both comfort and reliability, for example a 1.4 Turbo Seat Leon.
- We offer great value for money but at the same time, cut no corners.
- All our Instructors have been (or are in the process of being) CRB Checked. We are also all fully qualified Approved Driving Instructors. You will not receive any training from a Trainee Instructor.
- Finally, we do not need to offer sales gimmicks or tell untruthful facts (like you may have seen featured on 'Watchdog' type TV programmes) to encourage you to become a Driving Instructor. We do not advertise in National Newspapers or on the Television as it would be your money we are using. We would rather put your money to better use for training and development and to make our Company better than it already is.
Cost: 2 hour lesson for £65 - For more information, please contact Drive and Pass on 07817 778876, or via the contact form on the contact page.